HCG is an active ingredient of Ovidac, which is prescribed for the infertility both in male and female. In man it can recover sperm count while in women it can enhance egg discharge during ovulation. It is also prescribed for low sperm count and weight loss. Human chorionic gonadotropins is a polypeptide hormone which is produced by syncytiotrophoblast a factor of fertilized egg after conception.
How it works?
HCG is a water soluble protein, which has been obtained from the urine of female. The medicament shows its action throughout the luteinizing hormone receptor and the promotes maintenance of the corpus luteum and the sustains luteal function. ovulation can be induced within 38-40 hours even with a single injection of UCG.
Conditions for avoiding?
- If you are allergic to Human chorionic gonadotropins.
- If you have any heart or kidney problem.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- If you are suffering from asthma, epilepsy and migraine.
Any possible drug interaction?
- Follicle stimulating hormone
How to store the drug?
HCG presented in the form of powdered, so it should be stored in refrigerator at temperature that relies between 2oc-8oc.keep it out away from the reach of children's and pets.
How much to take?
The HCG dosage is prescribed by the doctor on the basis of medical condition, age, weight, and based upon sex factor. In this way you can't fix the dose of HCG. In male administration of 10000 IU should be thrice a week for three weeks. In women administration of 10000 IU once a day with menotropins. It has to be taken by the parental route in the form of injection. The drug should be taken in the manner that is prescribed in prescription, don't take a long amount of medicament more than prescribed to you.
What to do if you miss the dose?
If you missed your dose then take advice from your health practitioner.
What are the possible side effects?
- Swelling at the site of injection
- Serious weight gain
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in hands or leg
- Extreme pelvic pain
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always used sterilized needles and injections.
- Never used expired drugs.
- Take the medicament that is prescribed to you.
- Your medicine should not be used by anyone else.
- Maintain a complete proof of all the medicines you are taking along with Ovidac-UCG.
- Don't inject the medicine by yourself without knowing the proper way of administration.