Yasmin birth control contains generic Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol as a crucial component. It is used as a contraceptive pill to prevent unwanted pregnancy. This pack contains total 28 tablets in which 21 tablets are hormonal tablets and 7 are non hormonal tablets.
How does Yasmin function?
This medicine shows its action by averting the ovulation process (the discharge of an egg from an ovary). It also alters the lining of the uterus and makes it problematic for the sperm to reach the uterus due to which the fertilized egg is not able to get attached to the uterus, thus preventing pregnancy.
For what purpose Yasmin is used?
Yasmin is used as a contraceptive pill to prevent undesired pregnancy.
What are the conditions in which Yasmin should not be consumed?
- Avoid intake of this drug if you are suffering from uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you are allergic to generic Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol, then you should avoid consumption of this medicine.
- Person undergoing through gallbladder related problems or diabetes, then you should not administer this medicine.
- Consumption of this medicine should be avoided in case of a person suffering from blood related disorder.
Which medicines should not be administered with Yasmin?
- CYP3A4 substrates such as Midazolam
- CYP2C19 substrates like Omeprazole and Voriconazole
- Aromatase inhibitors such as Anastrozole, Exemestane
- HIV protease3 inhibitor like Ritonavir, Saquinavir
What are the storage conditions of Yasmin?
This medicine should be sorted at a room temperature of 25 0C in a dry ad hygienic place. Keep this medicine away from direct heat, light and moisture.
What is the method to consume Yasmin?
Yasmin is an oral contraceptive pill so it should be administered orally via mouth along with sufficient amount of water.
You can start the consumption of this pack either on first day of the menstrual cycle or on the Sunday. A female should consume one hormonal pill daily at the same time for 21 days and then from 22nd day you should administer non-hormonal pill for a week.
What to do if the dose of Yasmin is missed?
- If you forget to consume one pill of this medication, then you should administer two pills in a single dose as soon as you remember.
- If you forget to consume two pills repeatedly in week 1 or 2, then you should consume two pills in a single dose for two days. Along with this you should use backup methods for 7 days.
- If you miss three pills in a week or two, then you should discard this pack and start the new pack.
What are the side effects of Yasmin?
Sudden numbness or weakness , severe headache, blurred vision , cough, wheezing, Problem in breathing, pain in chest, swelling of hands and legs, itching if skin, rashes, hives and redness of skin, nausea, sweating and heavy vaginal bleeding.
What are the precautionary measures that should be followed?
- Females should avoid smoking especially who are above 35 years of age while taking this medication.
- If you have undergone through any major surgery, then you should avoid consumption of this medication for at least two weeks.
- Intake of this medication should be avoided in case if you are already pregnant or breast feeding.