Generic Danazol is sold under the brand name of Danocrine is used for the treatment of various types of endometriosis or fibrocystic breast disease. It is also used for the prevention of attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE).
How does Danocrine functions?
Danocrine is a synthetic steroid. It shows its therapeutic action by reducing the level of certain hormones, which decreases the symptoms and severity of the diseases treated by this medicine.
What are the contraindications of Danocrine?
- Pregnant females and breast-feeding mothers should avoid intake of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to generic Danazol, then you should avoid intake of this medicine.
- A person with the history of blood related disorder should avoid consumption of this drug.
What are the drug interactions of Danocrine?
- Anti-coagulant drugs: Warfarin, Heparin
- Anti-epileptic drugs: Carbamazepine, Phenytoin
- Anti-diabetic drugs such as Glipizide
- Statins : Atorvastatin, Lovastatin, Simvastatin
What are the storage conditions of Danocrine?
You should store this medicine at a room temperature of 25 0C. It should be kept away from direct heat, light and moisture.
What is the prescribed dose of Danocrine?
- For treatment of endometriosis: A person should consume an initial dose of 800 mg given in two divided doses.
- For treatment of Fibrocystic Breast Disease: A dose of 100mg to 400mg should be given to the patients in two divided dose.
- For the treatment of Hereditary Angioedema: A recommended dose of 200 mg should be consumed by a person, two or three times a day.
As this medicine is available in the form of tablets so it should be swallowed orally along with sufficient amount of water.
What are the adverse effects of Danocrine?
Weight gain, acne, flushing, sweating, voice changes, abnormal growth of body hair, vaginal dryness and irritation, swelling hands, ankles and feet, menstrual changes, mood swing, dizziness and difficulty in breathing.
What are the precautionary measures to be followed while using Danocrine?
- Consumption of this medicine leads to dizziness do you should not drive vehicles or do any task that needs full focus.
- Avoid intake of alcoholic beverages along with this medicine as it increases the sedative effect of this medicine.