Clomid is basically indicated as a therapy in the treatment of infertility in females. It contains generic Clomiphene as a main constituent in this medication and it is a synthetic derived form of progesterone hormone. Grasp the motherhood feeling and happiness with the intake of Clomid; it will surely give you positive result.
How Clomid acts?
Clomiphene present as a main therapeutic agent in this medicine and it show its valuable actions by stimulating pituitary gland to release hormones, which are responsible for stimulating ovulation process (release of an egg from the ovary of the female) and consequently helps in conceive.
Who should not take Clomid?
- Avoid using this drug, if a female is suffering with hepatic diseases, kidney dilemma, irregular vaginal blood loss, and chronic adrenal gland failure and thyroid disorder.
What are the drugs interact with Clomid?
- Any over the counter medicines, Warfarin, Heparin and Coumadin.
How to consume Clomid?
Mainly, Clomid is accessible in the form of tablet dosage form, so take it as orally along with a full glass of water. Clomid treatment should be initiated from the fifth day of your periods.
- Dose for Ovulation Induction: - The recommended dose of Clomid is 50 mg only one time in a day for 5 days
- Dose for Lactation Suppression: - The suggested dose of Clomid is 50 to 100 mg one time in a day for 5 days
- Dose for Oligospermia: The given dose of Clomid is 25 to 100 mg once a day
What to do in case of missed dose?
If you miss the dose of Clomid from the dosing schedule then get it as soon as you remember but skip the dose, if it the time for the next dose and continue with your normal schedule dose.
Do not take twofold of Clomid at same time.
What to do in case of overdose?
If you take Clomid in more amounts then immediately contact your doctor and get medical help from your nearby hospital.
What are the adverse effects of Clomid?
- Digestive problems
- Weight gain
- Less urination
- Shallow breathing
What safety tips should be followed while using Clomid?
- Do not take this medicine for more than 3 months as it increase the risk of ovarian tumor.
- Do not get this medicine, if you are pregnant.
- Breastfeeding mom should not take this drug.