What is Canesten? What it is meant for?
Canesten is nothing but a cream preparation having 1% Clotrimazole. This cream preparation is meant for the local application, where the fungal or yeast infiltration has taken place. The drug is used for the various indications like
• Treating skin infections caused by yeasts caused by Candida, moulds
• Dermatophytes caused by Trichophyton, Tinea, and
• fungi that bring so many fungal infection that may occur on the skin like:
• Tinea corporis causing ring worm or Tinea pedis that bring Athlete foot.
• Jock itch and vaginal infection
This all condition occurs due to fungal infection which is promoted due to moisture and unhygienic conditions.
How Canesten works?
The drug is antifungal drug; it works by stopping the fungi from producing a substance called ergo sterol, the cell membrane is fungi essential for survival of fungi, the drug will perforate hole in membrane. This is an essential component of fungal cell membranes. The drug acts by interfering with their cell membranes. Clotrimazole kills fungi effectively.
When you should not use the cream?
• If, you are hypersensitive to the drug or its ingredient you should not use the drug.
• During pregnancy one should not use the drug.
How to use the cream?
• The cream is topical preparation; you should apply the cream directly on the effected site twice or thrice a day.
• Wash hand before and after application of cream
• According to the indication the medication should be applied in dermatophytes infection medication should last for about month.
• If trying for athlete foot wash the site and dry it then apply the cream.
• In case of vaginal infection cream is applied to the site directly.
What are the ill effects seen after using the Cansten cream?
You may experience burning, stinging, itching redness or peeling of skin, some may even say blistering of skin this indications may vary from every person to person.
What are the preventive tips for Cansten cream?
• One should avoid tight dressing that will aerate the body,
• Dry the vaginal region after taking shower. Avoid cosmetics that bring change in vaginal pH
• Cut extra sugar go for healthy diet and lifestyle, high sugar encourage yeast infection in certain individuals. Always urinate after intercourse.